Exit Planning (The Exit Board)
The MGroup’s primary engagement model is known as “The Exit Board” – ‘A Professional Board, delivered at the SME level – the ‘one stop shop’ when planning your exit’.
‘The Exit Board’ is an integrated solution for shareholders exploring ways to exit their business. It provides a comprehensive review of the various exit options based on your particular needs, circumstances and timescales. ‘The Exit Board’ introduces relevant professional disciplines to your boardroom and allows you to effectively outsource the process of exiting. We focus on delivering key support elements to enhance the chances of exiting the business in the most appropriate and tax efficient way, at the right time and for maximum value.
Through a series of three distinct phases, we help you establish what exit options are best suited to you and your particular business and capture this in a ‘Strategic Exit Plan’. We then project manage this plan. The phases are:
- Establish the objectives for your exit planning so specific objectives and activities are prioritised, including the time frame for exiting the business.
- Undertake critical assessments of your business, including legal, financial, reviews
- Check the marketplace demand for your business
- Provide a valuation for the business
- Consider the multiple options available, including amongst others, a sale to a strategic Trade buyer, an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT), Management Buy Out (MBO), a Management Buy In (MBI), or a combination of options, including private equity investment
- Engineer necessary changes to improve the business profile and future attractiveness to the market
- Strengthen the legal and financial footings of the business
- Review the type and appropriateness of funding in the business.
- Project manage the route chosen through a continuous series of board meetings; these can be monthly on site or through a virtual process
- Utilise other highly skilled professional partners to assist the process
‘Free’ Business Consultation, Valuation & Exit Planning Workshop
Whether you plan to exit in the next six months or five years from now, it’s never too early to start planning. We specialise in working with Entrepreneurs, Investors, Family Businesses and SME’s, so to find out more about ‘The Exit Board’, contact us now to take part in a tailored session designed to answer the most commonly asked questions, such as:
- Is now the right time to sell?
- What is the value of my business?
- What exit options exist?
- Is there a solution to satisfy all the shareholders?
- How can I make my business more attractive?
- How much do I need to fulfil my plans and goals after sale?
- How long will it take to sell?
- What’s involved in the sale process?
- What should I do now to start preparing?
- How can I maximise value?
- Can you introduce me to professional partners?
Included in your Free Business Consultation workshop
- Establish your key objectives and goals as shareholders.
- An opportunity to explore the multiple exit options that exist.
- Understand the range of possible buyers and what they’re looking for.
- Valuation’ guidance and current market sentiment.
- What funding solutions exist to help support a transaction.
- What you need to do early on to enhance the future value of your business.
I am very grateful and happy to be working with the MGroup. Our main contact is Jessica Mason. She has been fantastic to work with. We are a USA based company expanding into the UK. I have absolutely no experience dealing with VAT and other tax laws regarding the UK. Jessica has held my hand every step of the way and explained things and done detective work to help get the job done. There is no way I could manage this business without her help and her guidance. I would highly recommend her and her firm, the MGroup to anyone.
Kristin Garrett-Jarvis, CFO - InfiniteAloe UK Ltd
"My company was recently introduced to the M Group because we undertook an MBO and they advised us to a successful conclusion. As part of this exercise they undertook due diligence work to show the lender that the deal would be fundable. In my view the standard of their work was excellent and I would recommend them to other potential clients. Many of the bigger professional firms no longer put their client’s requirements and interests first, they tell you what can’t be done not what can. I am glad to say that M Group are refreshingly different in this respect."
Simon E Hersh, FD – NS Optimum Ltd
"Mr Green has served as the personal tax accountant for my wife and myself since 2013. He has always been diligent and scrupulous in preparing our annual tax returns. He has also dealt efficiently and successfully with the Revenue Service on my behalf, regarding a charitable business account. I am pleased to recommend him wholeheartedly to any potential client."
Professor S Gordon
“Without a doubt, I recommend speaking with The MGroup. They are very knowledgeable, very understanding, have a good feel for our business and accommodate us quickly when we need help. We frequently get approaches from other accountancy firms and I tell them that we have no need to look elsewhere as everything is catered for very efficiently by Peter Smith and his team. I couldn't fault them."
Peter Mace, Managing Director, TT Concrete
“Fortunately, when we were ready to expand our company to the UK we were referred to The MGroup. As a North America based enterprise we had little knowledge of UK business and tax matters. The MGroup helped us with everything from compliance and payroll regulations to establishing a banking relationship. The staff members are very responsive and we continue to rely on their support as our UK operations grow.”
Laurie Diaz, V.P. Corporate Controller, Yardi Systems
“Mark has given me excellent Corporate Finance advice and support for 3 years and I would thoroughly recommend him. He is very tenacious in finding suitable companies to acquire and then good at negotiating and putting deals together, including the all important funding. He is also very innovative in finding solutions to issues arising along the way.”
Mark Swaby is a Management Buy In client
“I used The MGroup for the first time to buy another Drainage Company to add services & coverage to my own. Mark and his team give a top rate service from start to end and we achieved the purchase within 5 months – good honest, knowledgeable advice from people who know their stuff.”
Paul Marshall, Unbloc
"It is always a pleasure dealing with the M Group as they provide immediate assistance when we need it and are always prepared to go the extra mile to provide an excellent service to their clients. I have no hesitation recommending them and we have been extremely satisfied for many years."
Mr D Rist, Kennington Flooring Limited
""The MGroup have really been there for me and my business through the good times and the more difficult ones. Their advice has always been spot on, and has really helped me to plan ahead and to consider angles on decisions which I might not have thought about otherwise. As well as being admirably clear and straightforward, everyone I have dealt with there has been friendly, patient, and thoughtful, and has really taken the time to get to know my business."
Jessica Harvey-Smith, Debate Chamber Limited
If the past year had a theme -- that's not getting used to Zoom or social distancing -- it would be learning how to negotiate. Whether you were already a grade-A negotiator or had to really dig deep to get new deals of late, negotiation has proven to be one of the...read more
The VAT domestic reverse charge for building and construction services is now scheduled to come into effect from 1 March 2021. The original introduction date was changed from 1 October 2019 to 1 October 2020 and revised again in June 2020 due to the impact of the...read more
Help us raise £1000 for SeeSaw by racing around the diameter of Pluto (2376,6km) on foot and by bike this March JustGiving page SeeSaw provides grief support for children, young people and their families in Oxfordshire. Through appropriate and timely support, SeeSaw...read more